Re: [Fwd: Re: Newbie: How to get permissions working with 'ntsec']

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 11:00:14PM +0100, Garry Heaton wrote:
> The only problem I have now is that every file is listed with group='None'
> though the sytem contains 2 main accounts: 'Administrator'
> (group=Administrators) and 'pgarry' (group=Power Users). Why don't files
> owned by 'pgarry' have Power User as the group id?

"None" is always the primary group for non-admin users on NT.
So that's what you find for all files created from plain
Windows.

If you've set another group as primary group in /etc/passwd,
you can create new files in Cygwin and they will have that
group set in the ACL.  Or call chown/chgrp on existing files
to change that if you like.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.