[Fwd: Re: Newbie: How to get permissions working with 'ntsec']

Success! I've changed the user names in /etc/passwd to the customised versions, ie. Administrator becomes 'root' with home directory /home/root re-set in System. Permissions still working. This time, however, I didn't wipe-out the SIDs as suggested in the Cygwin online user guide. I don't know if this made any difference as it's still a mystery as to what solved the problem.

The only problem I have now is that every file is listed with group='None' though the sytem contains 2 main accounts: 'Administrator' (group=Administrators) and 'pgarry' (group=Power Users). Why don't files owned by 'pgarry' have Power User as the group id?

Thanks

Garry Heaton