RE: linux binaries

> Not with cygwin, perhaps you are looking for http://line.sourceforge.net/

... however line uses cygwin. It emulates the linux system call interface using
a system driver and redirects the system calls to the cygwin1.dll.

Some month ago I've investigated some time to try out while starting the kde 2
port and got running some linux apps and some x applications like xserver,
xclock, xterm from a suse linux 7.1 distribution, but is was very very slow.

Though this seems to me as an interesting idea, because if such an interface (of
course more performant) would be a part of cygwin, one can install binary rpm's
from a redhat or suse or other distribution cd and woulb be able to run it
directly.

Ralf