Re: OpenSSH 3.1p1 scp problem with large files

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 08:16:33AM -0700, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

> --- David Starks-Browning <starksb@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 Jun 02, Eugene Cheng writes:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have problems scp'ing files >1GB from a Windows2000 box running
> > OpenSSH
> > > 3.1p1 under Cygwin.  It copies some small percentage of the file and
> > then
> > > dies with a "Lost connection".  The remote box is a SUN box running
> > > Solaris 8 with OpenSSH.  My test file is 9GB in size and I have gotten
> > 670MB
> > > of the file copied at the most.  Could this be related to the df
> > mis-reporting
> > > bug?
> > >
> > > The file copies ok to other systems, just not to this Cygwin box. I've
> > tried
> > > multiple versions of OpenSSH without success.
> >
> > Cygwin does not support "large files" (> 2GB?).  Sorry.
> >
> Although,
>
> I've been watching with great anticipation as Corinna has added some
> framework for LFS (large file support) under Cygwin.  This can be seen by
> the 64bit typedefs for off_t and dev_t in /usr/include/cygwin/types.h.  Of
> course it is ifdef'ed so that these can't be used (yet).  A ray of hope?
> Possibly...

Yeah.  However, I could need some help here.  Still missing is
support for a 64 bit fpos_t and since that datatype is used in
__sFILE, the FILE functions in newlib have to be tweaked as
well.  So basically only that newlib stuff hasn't been finished.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.