Re: [Fwd: Re: Newbie: How to get permissions working with 'ntsec']

Let me guess, you are using Win9x? Chmod is only effective in WinNT style
systems, which means WinXP is an NT style system.
--
Daniel Adams - danpadams@infomagic.net
http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~dpa3

  1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)-  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to
serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

"Garry Heaton" <garry@heaton6.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
3D0E9E64.30401@heaton6.freeserve.co.uk">news:3D0E9E64.30401@heaton6.freeserve.co.uk...
> Can you chmod files from a user account? All I get is 'rwxrwxrwx' for
everything. Even when trying to change permissions on files as the owner all
I get is 'Permission denied'.

> Garry
>
> Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> > At 02:05 PM 6/17/2002, Garry Heaton wrote:
> >
> >>I've tried all these ntsec/ntea combinations but still have no
permissions. Can anyone tell me how to get Cygwin working with standard UNIX
file permissions? No-one seems to know how.