Newbie: How to get permissions working with 'ntsec'

I've been through the manual and rearched serveral posts by Corinna but I still can't change file permissions as the owner of the file. I'm running the latest version on Win2000 Pro and took Corinna's advice to associate my Power User account with the Backup and Restore group. Still no access to file permissions, however.

Garry Heaton