Re: The Korn Shell [was: Re: What's Up With That (KSH)?]

--- Thomas Baker <thomas.baker@bi.fhg.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 04:28:23AM -0700, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> > > Does anyone else get "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access
> > > pdksh-5.2.12-cygwin.tar.gz on this server"?
> >
> > I can confirm this, also when I tried to access id-utils.  I contacted
> him
> > earlier about id-utils, but I got no response.
> >
> > If you are looking for The Official Korn Shell™, might I suggest
> > http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/ - which has Cygwin binaries
> and
> > source for KSH93.  This is the latest and greatest KSH from David Korn
> > provided in full open source form.  Do not be fooled by knockoffs,
> insist
> > on the real thing!  Anyhow, there are way too many new features in
> this
>
> Hmm.  I see versions of KSH there for linux, netbsd, openbsd,
> unixware, etc -- but not cygwin...  Are you sure it is there?
>
> Because of KSH, I still also use MKS Toolkit, which has an older KSH.

Tom,

Get INIT:
http://www.research.att.com/~gsf/cgi-bin/download.cgi?action=list&name=INIT

and then ast-ksh:
http://www.research.att.com/~gsf/cgi-bin/download.cgi?action=list&name=ast-
ksh

They both have cygwin binaries, but you'll need INIT to install ast-ksh.

Cheers,
Nicholas