Re: Rebase 1.5-1: Causes invalid page fault

--- Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> wrote:

> Are you sure?  Under NT/2000, the error message would be something like
> the following:

[snip]

I guess it wansn't too clear, but I'm running WindowsME.  I'm sure the
error messages would differ slightly, but for the most part they appear
similar.  I think it might be worth someone confirming or denying this on
WinME/9x (with the latest cvs sources and your rebase utility).  If you
need more information, I can provide it.  Shall I run a strace for you?

> Unfortunately, not.  I cannot reproduce the above under 2000:
>
>     $ rebase -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000 cygintl-1.dll
>     C:\cygwin\tmp\cygintl-1.dll: new base = 67fe0000, new size = 20000

Again, I must point out that there have been some definite issues (in the
last month or two) regarding the differences in how nt and !nt deal with
various aspects of file i/o.  I guess my hope was that someone could try
rebasing with your latest rebase and the latest snapshot of cygwin1.dll.
I now know of someone who is looking into another !nt issue and has just
such a setup on windows95.  I'll check and see if he can reproduce this
error.  If so I'll report back.

Cheers,
Nicholas