Re: tar, scp hang after upgrades

Larry, I had one of those head slapping moments a week and a half
ago.  A piece of scientific code would not untar.  I found that
it was trying to create a directory called aux.  Silly me, I did
a little experiment from windows, in which I tried to create a
directory names aux, and it would not do it.  THEN, I went to the
windows documentation and saw about the reserved nature of aux.

Bottom line: You can't even name a directory aux!

Bottom line #2 - There a whole LOT more Wayne doesn't know than
he does! (Heck, I'm just getting iostream.h - iostream straight)

:-)

Wayne Keen