dialog on cygwin

Hello cygwinners,
we all know and like dialog -

>Dialog is a utility to create nice user interfaces to shell scripts, or other scripting languages,
>such as perl. It is non-graphical (it uses curses) so it can be run in the console or an xterm.

homepage: http://www.hightek.org/dialog/
screenshots  http://www.hightek.org/dialog/screenshots.html
latest version: ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dialog/

It compiles on cygwin with some warnings - but without errors.
If i try the samples, there seem to be some problems with "infobox"...don`t need that currently,
but it would be interesting why it doesn`t work.
There is just one issue: I had to fiddle around a long time to get linedraw characters
getting displayed well. (it looked very ugly)

In the end, there is an easy solution:

just put
"set CYGWIN=codepage:oem"
into your cygwin.bat - and all looks fine.

regards
Roland

AUTHOR 1: I hear if you play the NT 4.0 CD backwards, you get a Satanic message.
AUTHOR 2: That's nothing. If you play it forward, it installs NT 4.0.