Re: setup.exe and disk fragmentation

Cliff, et al --

...and then Cliff Hones said...
%
% Having discovered the disk containing my Cygwin installation
% was heavily fragmented, I tried the following experiment:
% developing the utility.  Minimising file copying, and deleting
% temporary files as soon as possible would help.

I don't know anything about how it works or how the tmp stuff is used
(a build area + a quick mv, or a temp-use-delete?), but perhaps allowing
for another partition, even asking the user for one, (and taking note
of $TMP?)  could help...

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie