RE: Crashing setup.exe

Agreed.

> I appreciate you are trying to prevent aimless discussion,
> but setup's cache
> _cannot_ be a black box.

I realize this. In fact it's not - and I've not suggested it be a black
box... There are other bits of software - like the setup cache cleaner -
that are very useful. They are intimately linked with setup's treatment
of the cache however, and will have to change as it changes. What I'm
trying to avoid is setup.exe's users getting the impression that there
is any manipulation needed for setup to operate correctly.

Finally, until 'someone' has time to document the exact use of the
cache, it will be a black box to Joe User, until Joe User reads the
code.

Rob