Re: GS ps2pdf

    James> Hi all, I noticed on the cygwin mailing list that you guys
    James> were having the same problem that I am
    James> having. Specifically, "ps2pdf" gives me the error message
    James> "**** Unable to open the initial device, quitting."

    James> Did either of you find a workaround for this problem?

    James> From misc. posts on usenet, it seems that this problem is
    James> usually related to not being able to open the output file,
    James> but this does not appear to be the case here. If I select a
    James> device other than "pdfwrite" (such as "bmpmono") the
    James> program works and the output file is created as expected.

    James> Any suggestions?

NOTE: I've moved this to the Cygwin mailing list, where this kind of
discussion belongs...

I've not seen this problem myself, so all I can say is: make sure you
are using the latest release.  If you're still having problems, please
feel free to e-mail the Cygwin mailing list with more specific
information, like maybe a small PS file sample which causes the
failure mode you're referring to.

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com