RE: Need help in umounting the auto mounted mount points

This was a while back, just after it was introduced.  Maybe they've cleaned up
by now.  A quick,
find / -type f -print0 | xargs -0 egrep -e /cygdrive -l /dev/null
reveals few cases:

mkgroup and mkpasswd which contains:
/cygdrive/%c

(I'm not sure how this is invoked, but it's in there.)

My own /etc/rsyncd.conf contains the link names, /cygdrive/C, /cygdrive/D.
If I change the prefix now, these will no longer work.  It's not hard to fix
individual ones, but the point is that things that exist persist in places you
might not suspect.  For example, my
./home/Administrator/gdbtk.ini
contains
session=/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/Common/MSDev98/Bin
because that was active at the time I ran gdb.  I didn't know this, until I
searched for it.  The more use you make of things, the less easy it is to change
them.  I don't recommend chaning the prefix, but YMMV.