Re: How to run "rsh" seamlessly without typing passwd from UNIX to Cygwin on Window 2000 ?

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 03:47:44PM -0700, Yang Xiang wrote:
> I want to port a massive testing script from UNIX to Window 2000 in which it
> include a command "rsh <host> dd bs=16k if=large.dat2 > /dev/null ". The
> host is a Window 2000 client.
>
> I have configured "inetd" using "cygrunsrv" command and it seems to be
> working but I have to type in a password  in for the user on the Window 2000
> box.
>
> How do I get around it so I can just run the script without typing in the
> password seamlessly from my UNIX box to the Window Client.

You don't need to type a password in the above example.  Rsh only
requires a password when trying to logon interactively.  What must
be available is a .rhosts file under the usual rules, obviously.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.