/proc/registry issues

Some more or less minor issues w/ /proc/registry:

*) All the files have a size of 0, regardless of their contents. (This might
explain why if you open a registry file in XEmacs, it comes up empty.) You
can get the size of a value's data is accessible, without retrieving the
data itself, via RegQueryValueEx.

(BTW, an enum would be nice for the return codes from
fhandler_registry::exists -- it's a little hard to decode
fhandler_registry::fstat without that.)

*) The files for REG_SZ values have the trailing '\0' in the file (I've not
checked any of the REG_???_SZ types). Since that's just a representation
issue, shouldn't it be omitted from the file? (i.e. the null char is not
part of the value as such, just part of the way it's stored).

*) Not all of the top-level keys exist on all windows versions (for example,
HKEY_DYN_DATA is only available in 95/98/Me) but they all appear in
/proc/registry regardless of the underlying windows version (as an empty
directory). It would be nice, but presumably not critical, if only those
that existed actually appeared.

Is anyone else working on this? If not, I'll have a look at (at least) the
zero size issue (and assuming that Red Hat have my assignment by now).

// Conrad