Re: gpg 1.0.6 hangs in rxvt 2.7.2-10 on Windows 2000

Andy Freeman wrote:
> It could be to do with the user context that your cygwin rxvt runs in.
>
> I don't know what "cygwin rxvt" is,
> but we had an identical (symptom-wise) problem
> trying to run it from a web application.
>
> It reads the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key,
> which is inaccessible to the standard web user.
>
> This is also the case for Services.
> Assuming that cygwin is running in the web context or as a Service,

I'm just one user, logged in, using rxvt as a terminal, trying to run gpg from the bash prompt within the rxvt. So unless there's some user-changing magic going on behind my back, I don't think this is the problem.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

--
Matt
http://www.faradic.net/~mmcclure/

We need to pitch better, we need to hit better, we need to play
better defense. Aside from that, we're fine.
- Joe Torre