vi

Howdy all!

I am still a great fan of my gui text editor, Ultraedit, but I am trying to
get to know vi so I can truly compare them.

I found this about copy in vi's help system:

:[range]co[py] {address}                                *:co* *:copy*
                        Copy the lines given by [range] to below the line
                        given by {address}.

Does the address refer to a line number here? Is there a way turn line
numbers on?

Does vi allow for a simple copy/cut and paste?

I read the section for wrap too - so I can turn wrapping on and off easily,
but it didn't make sense to me. How do I turn this option on and off?

Thanks for any help!

Rob

:)
:-}