Re: Cygwin mounts not available when logged in over network

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 rich-paul@rich-paul.net wrote:

> This sounds like a problem I had using an old ORB:  The orb ran as a
> service, and was unable to access windows shares, although anything else
> could.
>
> The solution, IIRC, was to change the user under which the service ran.

I used the procedures described in Cygwin's ssh and inetd
documentation to register the servers.   The servers are indeed
running as windoze services.

If the user name is changed, will this cause the user id of the shell
that gets started to change?  What user ID should the service run
under?

Note that you are talking to a Windows neophyte here.

Bob