Von: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]Im Auftrag
von Michael Wardle
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2002 02:43
An: cygwin@cygwin.com
Betreff: ssh and name resolution

Hi

I've just installed the latest version of Cygwin I could find on my
local mirror (2.218?), and am having some intruging problems.

The first is:
I have a local host called "meerkat" that I want to connect to via ssh.
When I issue "ssh meerkat", I get a warning:
"The authenticity of host 'meerkat(202.50.84.15)' can't be established"
Yet meerkat is a host on my local 192.168.x.x subnet.
"nslookup meerkat" returns the expected IP address in 192.168.x.x.

I can't see any obvious problem when running "ssh -v", so I suspect
there is something odd happening with name resolution with Cygwin
(perhaps a system call is returning a different IP than expected).

Does anybody know why I would be having this sort of name resolution
problem?

Thanks in advance

--
MICHAEL WARDLE