Problem on starting PostgreSQL

I am very new to cygwin. After installed cygwin successfully, I can't get the PostgreSQL up so far. Here is what I have:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
The program
    '/usr/bin/postgres'
needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQ
there may be a configuration problem.

This was the error message issued by that pro
/usr/bin/postgres: invalid current euid 500
There is not the data directory under the /usr/share/postgresql. I don't have enought knowledge to tell where it should
be there or not. I have spent some hours doing research and can't find a solutation so far. What I miss? Please help me
out.

Thanks in advance.

v.