Re: setup.exe 2.218.2.8/9 broken

Chuck,

Thanks for the excellent summary of events.  I too was wondering
what happened, since this is the first time I've seen the setup
program so unstable and re-released so often.  Your explanation
clears it all up for me now.

Also, FWIW, my problems with setup.exe are all gone now since
.2.8, and in fact I can finally build from the source now with
a simple ./configure && make.

Thanks,
Alan