UPX & The "file" Command

Hi,

I decided to give the UPX-compressed pre-release / release candidate of
Setup.exe a try.

It's interesting to see that UPX compresses better even than bzip2. I
suppose that's because UPX is specifically designed for executable files.
It's also very nice that the compressed file remains directly executable.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone who knows what the proper magic file
entries should be for detecting a UPX-compressed binary could supply them
(assuming there is a discernable signature for these files)?

Likewise, if the magic file entry (-ies) could be added or submitted to the
appropriate maintainer for inclusion in the Cygwin or the primary "file"
distribution, that would great.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

Randall Schulz