Compiling/running code that used to work okay!

Hi all,

I'm modifying some old code I last compiled in October 2000. The code uses a 3rd-party DLL, which
comes with an import library. It used to link without fuss against that import library and run perfectly.

I've moved on to cygwin_1.3.10, gcc version 2.95.3-5, and I now get a host of "undefined references". My code
is (currently) the same as before, and so are the DLL and its import library. Any idea why it used to compile/link
but doesn't anymore?

To try and fix the problem, I built my own version of the import library, using the nm, grep, dlltool route.
This produced an import lib which did allow me to compile and link, but I get segmentation faults
when I run the executable.
gdb tells me:

LDR: Automatic DLL Relocation in xyz.exe
and
LDR: D11 NIVIIO32.dll base 10000000 relocated due to collision with C:\WINNT\System32\visa32.dll

Anybody understand these messages, and could they be
associated with why the code crashes?

Thanks in advance,

Rick