RE: Where is iostat?

Peter,

I think David was pointing you to the FAQ so that you would find
http://cygwin.com/packages/.  This is the way to find out what packages
are in Cygwin.  It's also the way to search the packages for strings of
interest, in this case, iostat.  Is this what you did?  I'm guessing not,
though I'm a bit surprised that you somehow missed it.  What threw you off?
Anyway, iostat only shows up in 1 package, cygwin-1.3.10-1-src.  This is
not a tool but rather the source implementation from newlib (i.e. the
Cygwin C library).  This should tell you that you can stop downloading
packages and settle with the notion that iostat is not available in the
current packages.

Sorry.