Re: setup 2.194.2.24: Bug (?) in downloading from internet

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cliff Hones" <cliff@aonix.co.uk>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>

> Now Sam Edge is taking the same path.  Good luck.
>
> What would happen if someone did produce a version of setup identical
> to the current, except for the removal of redownload?  Would it
> be adopted?

As it stands, I don't know. I've asked everyone to write in and say
whether they use the redownload capability.

> One gets an unfortunate undercurrent from this list that
> if it wasn't approved by the right people it might be suppressed
> (and left to circulate on the black market - possibly the worst
> scenario).

Heh, this is open source, there is no black market :}. Realistically,
anyone can use anything they want to install, but 'you' the users have a
realistic expectation that 'we' the developers will provide a tool, and
support that tool. Conversely we expect that anyone wanting assistance
with install will use our provided tool.

Rob