Re: Cygwin + XEmacs: shell command execution delay

Igor,

I don't have an answer for you, but I noticed something similar, perhaps of
the same origin, when I tried using Cygwin Perl with Win32 (non-Cygwin)
Apache (in order to run the CVSweb CGI script).

This delay was not a one-time thing and it occurred when there was already
another Cygwin process running (namely, BASH in a console window). The
Windows Task Manager did not show high CPU usage during this delay.

By using ActiveState Perl the startup from Apache was always prompt.

I have not problem with using ActiveState Perl for my CVSweb, but I am
curious what causes the start-up delay.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA US