HELP!

Now its not often I scream like this, but help!

I'm getting the following error when I run ps or any number of tools:

m.AllocationBase 0x61000000, m.BaseAddress 0x61560000, m.RegionSize 0x87000, m.State 0x1000
C:\CYGWIN-MULTI\USR\LOCAL\BIN\PS.EXE: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap (0x61560000 <0x83A3F000>) in child, Win32 error 6

So how did I get to this point? Well I was building the winsup source. did an install everything seemed fine. The code change didn't work so I tried to revert to the official code, then the build failed because of
hundreds of undefined symbols, like _write. It seems like a library got screwed up so I tried to make clean and rebuild from scratch. Still no joy.

Decided to reinstall cygwin to a new dir, downloaded base and installed. Moved files from old installation to new making sure NOT to overwrite anything created in the new install.  Error still occurs. Rebooted to make
sure old DLL isnt resident, still happens.

Checked Windows and Windows/System no cyg*.dlls.

Where is the corrupted library coming from? Is there a registery entry pointing it to the old installation or something?

Any help would be appreciated.
Dave