Re: Reinstall , apache still doesnt work , same for inetd

At 03:09 PM 4/24/2002, moi wrote:
>I made the installation from scratch again
>
>here's what i have in the etc directory: a file named path

'path'?  Hm, that's a new one to me.  But OK.  I don't track the
changes in setup.exe religiously.

>here are it's contents :
>

>PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH"
>
>USER="`id -un`"
>
># Set up USER's home directory
>if [ -z "$HOME" ]; then
>   HOME="/home/$USER"
>fi
>
>if [ ! -d "$HOME" ]; then
>   mkdir -p "$HOME"
>fi
>
>export HOME USER
>
>for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh ; do
>   if [ -f $i ]; then
>     . $i
>   fi
>done
>
>export MAKE_MODE=unix
>export PS1='\[\033]0;\w\007
>\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
>$ '
>
>cd "$HOME"
>

>Running   sh   is succesfull

Good.  So the path is set up properly for you in whatever environment you
tried to invoke 'sh'.

>But apache still doesn't work

Right.  Because /usr/sbin isn't in your path.  There's really no reason to
add it but if you *really* want to be able to type just httpd.exe, then add
/usr/sbin to the path set in 'path' above.  That should do it if httpd.exe
is run from bash anyway.

>does it work on ur machine ??

Don't know.  I didn't install it.  Perhaps someone else can help you out
here.  Stipe?

>Oh and i misspelled , of course it was not apache.exe  but  httpd.exe    ;-)

OK, good.

>what changes should i aplly to this file so that an httpd command won't
>result in an       unknown command error message ??

Change the path as I mentioned above or just type the full path.  Did you
read any of the docs I suggested?  They should be some help.

>I get the same error with  the daemon  inetd  command
>
>maybe the problems are linked

Yes, it's the same problem.  Both of these reside in the same directory.