RE: Where is the manual to manually install cygwin in Windows 200 0

At 01:18 PM 4/19/2002, Lawrence W. Smith wrote:
>I was attempting to offer a new direction that may have been overlooked
>from your perspective but clearly the experiences and or suggestions of users
>are of little consequence to you.

Although you responded specifically to Chris's message, I want to pick up
on this statement since it's important and I want to make sure the key point
here gets clarified.  The first part of this sentence gets right to the heart
of the matter.  I think I can use it to help explain why you may have felt
slighted (by me) for any (my) response.  This is actually not a new idea at
all for setup.  It has been talked about before (as you can check in the email
archives if you want) and is something for which there is already rudimentary
support already in setup.  So perhaps the response you needed to hear is,
"Yes, we know.  We're working on it.  It will be there someday."  I thought
I made the essentials of that statement in my original response.  Sorry for
not being more clear before.

You might want to review the prose at http://cygwin.com/lists.html and
substitute "suggestion" for "question".  I think you find that the explanation
there is appropriate with this transmutation as well.  At least, it will help
you get a better understanding of how we prefer this list operate and will
probably allow you to avoid getting "singed" by anyone in the future.  I
hope that helps.