Re: Where is the manual to manually install Cygwin in Windiows 2000

At 02:12 PM 4/19/2002, Michael A Chase wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:23:56 -0400 "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com> wrote:
>
> > At 09:45 PM 4/18/2002, Michael A Chase wrote:

Exactly.  Which is why manual installation processes are a "use at your own
risk" approach.  My point is, if you're so inclined, you *can* install
Cygwin and any of it's packages manually, without setup.  Again, the only
reason I mention this is because there have been indications from folks on
this list that there is something which setup does that can't be reproduced
by any other mechanism.  This is just plain false.  However, I am in no
way encouraging people to use or generate an installation method other than
setup.  Certainly, if one does so, this list cannot entertain questions
about installation problems based on such a procedure.  I hope this message
and my previous response to this thread clarifies the installation issue for
those of all interests.  I guess we'll see if that is indeed the case. ;-)