RE: Where is the manual to manually install Cygwin in Windows 200 0

At 09:21 AM 4/19/2002, Lawrence W. Smith wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for your points.  These have been discussed before.  You can review
the discussion in the email list archive if you like.  Key points of the
installer are that it must not be reliant on facilities that are part of
the packages it's installing and that it must be GUI based for the masses.
That doesn't mean that these are exclusive requirements.  The goal is to
make setup support a variety of needs.  But it needs to focus on a subset
of those requirements initially, due to resource constraints.  Anyone
interested in seeing more progress in an area of their preference is welcome
to join in the development of setup.  That's generally the best way to
resolve issues with missing functionality.  I think we're all pretty clear
on the varied needs for installation.  IMO, it's only worth discussing here
if it's in the context of new development work to improve setup.  Any takers
on that note?