RE: Where is the manual to manually install Cygwin in Windows 2000

He maybe bucking the tide but IMHO he does have a point of sorts:

setup.exe has become a real mess TBH between the URL directory names,
accumulating multiple copies of data in multiple places instead of
the simple tree used before and the fallacy inherent in a GUI install.

What makes for an "easy" install on one workstation ought to imply
ease of use on multiple workstations... it doesn't, quite the contrary,
a simple config file based approach with a script that did the
installing would be far, far easier. (such as make)

As it is, it smacks of the "developer knows best" and "one size fits all"
approaches so popular at M$ which is sad given cygwin's heritage!

Short-sighted, misguided install philosophy aside, thanks for a wonderful
selection of software :)

Lawrence