Re: Bash shell extension ?

With the help of Larry Hall (thanks Larry), I have gotten this working like I
want ..

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Bash Prompt]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Bash Prompt\command]
@="bash.exe -c 'cd \"%1\"; exec bash'"

Add this to a .reg file and import it into your registry (I know this works for
Windows 2000, and I'm assuming the key is the same for other Windows as well).

It seems you might also have to mount the drives you want to use .. I did mine
like this:
mount -f c:/ /c
mount -f d:/ /d
.. etc

Then, right-click on any folder in Windows Explorer, and you will see "Bash
Prompt" somewhere in the Explorer menu. Click on that and you should get a Bash
window in the folder you clicked on. To edit the size like you want, click on
the title bar and go to Properties-->Layout and set it up however you want ..
When you hit OK, it will ask you if you want to save these settings for all
future windows with the same title (again, this might be a Windows 2000 thing
only) .. This way you don't have to edit the size every time ..

Now, if you want to be a little fancier, you could always use rxvt:
bash.exe -c 'cd "%1"; exec rxvt -sr -fn "Courier New" -sl 2500 -fg lightgrey
-geometry 120x60 -bg black -sb -e bash'

Read the rxvt manpage for options (there are a ton) ..

Last, make sure your /cygwin/bin is in your Windows PATH, otherwise it won't
find your bash.exe ..

Hope this helps others get this working as well .. Email me or the list (or
both) if you have ideas for enhancements .. :)
-Adam