New inputs for the init_cygheap::etc_changed problem

Hello,

Here is my (interested) contribution to the "can't open /etc" message.

I came to the conclusion (from my own experiments and from what I read on
this forum) that the problem has to do with the fact that the /etc
directory is on a remote server.

When I mount /etc locally (like "mount c:/etc /etc"), the message
disappears but of course I have no access to the real /etc (a solution
could be to copy with dos commands the real /etc to the local copy...)

When I mount explicitely /etc to the cygwin path
(like "mount t:/cygwin/1.3/etc /etc"), the message remains the same
but I have access to /etc.

More interesting: if I give to mount a "cygdrive" path
(like "mount /cygdrive/t/cygwin/1.3/etc /etc"), the message disappears.
Unfortunately /etc is no longer available after that ("ls /etc" results in
"No such file or directory").

HTH to fix the bug.

--
 Best regards