Re: Possible Workaround - SSH/SSHD: could not chdir to home directory: No such file or directory

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 03:45:37AM -0600, Philip Flip Kromer wrote:

> No, /h is a local FAT32 drive. I also tried creating c:\foouser and
> changing (in /etc/passwd) my home directory to /c/foouser , so that I
> could check whether it was unhappy about changing drives.

I assume you've changed the cygdrive prefix only for you, but not
systemwide.  The effect would be that "/c" isn't known to SYSTEM
- who's only able to access system mount points - since the system
cygdrive prefix is still /cygdrive.  Change that by using

  mount -c -s /

and try again.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.