NcFTP Feature Request for "getline" (fwd)

I am resending the attached request as it still applies
to NcFTP 3.1.3.  I am copying the Cygwin list, because
I've noticed a related bug in the current Cygwin version.

Consider an example with only the following two bookmarks:

RedHat Linux   --> FTP.RedHat.Com
RedHat Updates --> Updates.RedHat.Com

With the non-Cygwin Win32 version, tab completion
displays the bookmark list with only the second words:

ncftp> open <TAB><TAB>
    Linux    Updates

However, with the Cygwin version, tab completion repeats
the first word each time without displaying the list:

ncftp> open <TAB>
ncftp> open RedHat <TAB>
ncftp> open RedHat RedHat <TAB>
ncftp> open RedHat RedHat RedHat <TAB>

Unfortunately, I am not able to contribute any patches
myself, but hopefully this will not be a difficult fix
for someone who is already familiar with the source code.

Thanks,
Alan
--- Begin Message ---
Please consider the following enhancement to "getline" tab
completion.  When using the open command with tab to list
the matching bookmarks, getline should enclose the string
in quotes if it contains spaces.  Consider this example:

ncftp> open <TAB>RedHat Linux
Resolving RedHat...

Unknown host "RedHat".
ncftp> open "RedHat Linux" (quotes inserted manually)
Resolving FTP.RedHat.Com...
Connecting to 63.240.14.63...

Red Hat FTP server ready. All transfers are logged.
Logging in...

Login successful. Have fun.

Automatically inserting quotes like this appears to be
standard behavior in most UNIX shells and Windows 2000.

Thanks,
Alan