Re: Cron configuration problem on XP, cygwin 2.125.2.10, cron 3.0.1-6

At 01:24 PM 3/31/2002, Steven Caswell wrote:
>Greetings.  I am having trouble with cron on Windows XP. I have
>installed it as a service using cygrunsrv as described in the
>cron.README. I have not changed the etc/group SYSTEM entry as described
>in the readme. I can start the cron server and it attempts to execute
>commands in the crontab. But I get the following error in the Event Log:
>error (can't switch user context).
>The README says to run the service under the SYSTEM account to be able
>to switch the user context without password, which should work on
>NT/W2K, and I've done that. Is there something more or different I
>should do on XP? I have searched the mailing list archive but haven't
>found anything regarding how to resolve the problem on XP. Any pointer
>to a resolution would be appreciated.

Hm.  I guess I'm confused.  You state that you haven't made all the changes
described in the README but you still expect it to work.  Why is that?  I
suggest you follow the instructions in the README and see if you can get it
work.  If not, check the email archives for this issue.  It does come up with
some regularity so there is lots of information there.  If your situation
doesn't fit the "standard" case, you'll need to be more specific as to why if
you'd like to pique someone's interest enough to think about how to get it
working in your environment.