Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Setup.exe update

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 05:44:16PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

I downloaded the new setup today too.  I first download things.
I basicly want to have a local mirror so I can install things
from there on several boxes.  I stopped downloading because I
didn't like that directory.  Maybe I should mirror it an other
way?

If I download it like this, and then install it from that dir,
will it use the newest packages?

What happens if I download from an other site?  Will it make yet
an other directory?  Will it then still pick the latest version?

I canceled the download and started over, and it downloaded all
the same files again, so I assume it won't do what I want at all.

Any suggestions?

I also find an other small problem.  Sometimes it seems to be
unable to get the setup.ini from mirror, sometimes it does.  It
complains rather fast, I don't think it even made a connection to
it.

Kurt