Re: .bashrc not getting sourced?

IIRC, if you check the archives, you should find that the behavior of
sourcing the .bashrc file in /etc/profile was discontinued in later
cygwin releases. The fact that you have it from over a year ago is
probably because the cygwin install does not overwrite files that have
been modified or exist previously.

HTH,
Peter