sshd authenticatio nnot working

Hello,
I have the very latest cygwin release.
When I try to connect to my w2k pc form outside using ssh
the authentication fails. I started sshd -d in debug mode and the error
seems to be a wrong password. I Tryed to enter as user Administrator, the
password I am sure it's correct so I Can't explain why the authentication
fails... I even changed password using passwd command.
Anyone have some hints about it?
I found people having a problem like this in the archive but I could not
find a solution.
thanks

Rick