RE: OT: possible project/research project -- ksh has it all and i s now available for cygwin

> >BTW,
> >BIG THANKS to all the people out there who already worked on a Cygwin
> >port of aforementioned packages. A grep -il cygwin on the
> sources almost
> >always gave me a clue where to put my hands on for the Uwin port.
>
> I guess this is one of the benefits of open source
> development.  Is Uwin
> going to be open sourced sometime?  Or has that already happened?

David Korn wants to make U/Win open source. But I think it's not easy to convince the intellectual property folks at AT&T of this.

I am going to meet David personally in June, and, be sure, this is a point I'll be discussing with him extensively.

Karsten