SHELL variable not exported

I just upgraded (after using a rather old version) to the
latest Cygwin (1.3.10) and have a strange behavior:
it seems the SHELL environment variable doesn't get exported.

The way I realized that is that when I am starting an rxvt
out of the normal Cygwin shell (clicking on the icon), rxvt
will run /bin/sh instead of /bin/bash (the latter one being
in /etc/passwd). An "echo $SHELL" in the Cygwin shell gives
me the correct /bin/bash but the same thing in rxvt returns
nothing (not set - hence, rxvt falls back to /bin/sh).

Now, if I do "export SHELL" in the Cygwin shell and then
run rxvt everything's fine!

What's wrong? Did something change? Do I need to tweak
something? Or is this a bug? It used to work fine before...

For the record, I am running under both Win 98 and Win 2k.

Andreas

P.S.: Please reply by personal mail, I am not subscribed to
      the list.