RE: OT: possible project/research project

Several reasons.
1) I'm a user and I want foo-version of bar. How do I get that?
2) I'm in cmd.exe and want to run bar - does it still exist?
3) I'm running setup.exe and ls has been updated - do I download an
updated fileutils package or an updated bash package?
4) I'm a user and I want to add a new builtin.

One thing I'm considering doing is contributing a posix_spawn and
posix_spawnp to cygwin, to enhance the vfork capability. That should
allow patchs to be contributed upstream to gcc etc to remove fork -
because posix_spawn is a standard, it wouldn't be see as a cygwin hack.

Rob