Cygwin on Win 2000

I  installed Cygwin on mid Feb. on my Win 2000 Intellistation.
While the cygwin 'window' interface allows the use of the standard unix
tools and utilities, the Dos (command.com) window does not.
I did a full install and so am wondering if I missed something in the setup
or configuration. As I understand it from reading the website,
unix utilities should be available from the Dos window as well. Any help or
information is appreciated.
Thank You

Anthony P. Praino
Deep Computing Institute