CYGWIN variable: impact of options under Win9x

Hello,

I am hoping that I'll get some helpful hints by posting this. I've been
running Cygwin under Win98SE for months now without the CYGWIN env
variable set in Windows at all. I have FAT and FAT32 partitions. My
mounts are all binmode. Now I am looking at setting CYGWIN thus:

SET CYGWIN=export noenvcache glob:ignorecase title nostrip_title
winsymlinks tty

What sort of surprises or changes in behavior (that I might not have
realized were changeable behavior, i.e. things that I'd not taken heed
of until now) might I experience?

Since this is the Cygwin List rather than another and its character is
what it is, I'll type out explicitly that: I am posting this because I
have a feeling of less than perfect comprehension of the uses and
ramifications of the parameters to CYGWIN, even after reading
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html.

I am particularly keen on knowing what might not work in just the same
way as before (under a default condition on Win98SE, that is in which
there is no setting for CYGWIN at all) due to the last parameter "tty".
The document at the url given above indicates that "[it is] not
compatible with some Windows applications." I find that quite vague and
am most unsure how concerned to be about it.

I am also keen on assuring myself that not mentioning "ntea" or "ntsec"
is fine; that those options would do nothing under Win98 anyway, and
that Cygwin applications will run fine with them not set (i.e.,
*sshd*)??

My Cygwin installation at this moment:
  Cygwin DLL version info:
      DLL version: 1.3.10
      DLL epoch: 19
  [...]
      Build date: Mon Feb 25 11:14:34 EST 2002
      Shared id: cygwin1S3

    Thanks,
      Soren Andersen