Re: Looking for a mail server

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Andrew,

>>>They are in bind.  The 8.x series builds OOTB on Cygwin.
>>>You need also the libs.  There is also a binary port
>>>somewhere on the net, IIRC it was somewhere on Sourceforge.
>>>

> Ah, now I see, exim-4.x is on the run...
>
> LIBS= -lcrypt -liphlpapi # Windows library to find interfaces
> LIBRESOLV= -lminires
>
> You will need the libs from Pierre:
> ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A/V1.1/

Eventually found Pierre's stuff, hooked up with Pierre himself (nice,
helpful guy) and got it going a little bit. Now to do some more research
and tweaking around. Like I would like to have everything sent to all
users in my "domain" delivered to me. Actually I would like to have
things delivered to valid users to them and everything else delivered to
me. I'm sure it's simply a matter a learning the proper configuration to
do this.

On another note, suddenly the IMAP daemon I had set up and had been
successfully running now coredumps!

But I'm getting closer...