RE: Next version of setup.exe

Hi Mark,
	sorry for the long delay... fiscally supported work intervened.

Patches (from anyone) accepted.

> Maybe its my computer but selecting the 'Cygwin Setup' item
> in the task bar or clicking anywhere on the dialog except for
> the title bar does not top the dialog (it does get focus though).

It's everyones. Long term the chooser will be just-another-property page
(or something). Anyway, known bug (I'm assuming that you have the choose
open when this occurs). Can you please confirm my assumption?

> Using setup in two passes, one to doanload and one to
> install. I selected to uninstall bison on the first pass, it
> was installed and there was an update to happen. On the
> second pass I was not able to uninstall as uninstall is not
> one of the options but installing the latest version (which
> was not downloaded) was in the list of options. When it got
> to do the install there was an error indicating that the file
> to install did not exist (which is correct). This leads me to
> two observations: (1) what is the point of the uninstall
> option in the download phase and (2) why did the install
> phase offer to install a file that did not exist and did not
> offer to uninstall that file.

'Download only' mode is a hack leveraging existing functionality, not a
truly separate mode. So it prevents installs... but apparently
uninstalls slipped through the gaps. Added as a todo-item to remove the
uninstalling, and the ability to choose that (or reinstalls).

As for the install phase, I'm not sure if this email was sent before or
after I fixed a critical bug in the local-install mode, you may find
it's fixed now.

Cheers,
Rob