Re: Confused, need help

----- Original Message -----
From: "Prentis Brooks" <prentis@aol.net>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 12:51
Subject: Confused, need help

> Hey Gang,
>
> Need a bit of help.  I am trying to do a fresh install of the latest net
> release.  I am removing the C:\cygwin directory, deleting the registry
> keys, icons, and start menu options.  I can't find anything on setup's
> "temporary working directory" so I don't know where to delete there.

Setup doesn't use a temporary working directory.

> This is an NT 4.0 machine, I can't give you cygcheck output as I have
> currently deleted cygwin from the system.  However, when I run setup
> again, several of the packages (all of which were previously installed
> at the current version, ie if installed would not need updating) are
> showing up as "skip" in the dialog.  I have run through several attempts
> to remove and re-install none of which get it all right.  Anyone have
> any idea what I am missing or where setup is finding this version
> information?

Any packages that have never been installed default to 'skip' for
installing.  If you deleted c:/cygwin/ and the registry keys, nothing is
installed so you don't need to remove them any further.  Just select the
desired versions of each package you want when you run setup.exe.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html