Confused, need help

Hey Gang,

Need a bit of help.  I am trying to do a fresh install of the latest net
release.  I am removing the C:\cygwin directory, deleting the registry
keys, icons, and start menu options.  I can't find anything on setup's
"temporary working directory" so I don't know where to delete there.

This is an NT 4.0 machine, I can't give you cygcheck output as I have
currently deleted cygwin from the system.  However, when I run setup
again, several of the packages (all of which were previously installed
at the current version, ie if installed would not need updating) are
showing up as "skip" in the dialog.  I have run through several attempts
to remove and re-install none of which get it all right.  Anyone have
any idea what I am missing or where setup is finding this version
information?

--
Prentis Brooks	| prentis@aol.net | 703-265-0914 | AIM: PrentisBrooks
Senior System Administrator - Web Infrastructure & Security

       A knight is sworn to valor.  His heart knows only virtue.  His blade
       defends the helpless.  His word speaks only truth.  His wrath undoes
       the wicked. - the old code of Bowen, last of the dragonslayers